Minggu, April 01, 2012

is there difference between connected and disconnected flights

is there difference between connected and disconnected flights?
I have an international flight and landing to washington Dulles airport. I want to make a reservation from Wahshington Dulles airport (IAD) to St.Louis Airport, MO (STL).... is there difference if I make reservation as seperated flights or should I make it connected with my international flight when I make the reservation? If it is OK to make it as seperated flights, can I connect the flights from IAD airport? I'm asking because I have more lagguages
Air Travel - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It would probably be better for you if you got a connecting flight for a few reasons. (1) If your first flight gets delayed to the point where you miss your second flight, the airline will have to get you on the next flight. If you booked two separate flights, then it's your responsibility and they don't have to do anything about it, so it would come out of your wallet. (2) If you have luggage and you don't have a connecting flight, you have to leave yourself tons of time to get your luggage, go through customs, and then take all your luggage with you to *check in* at your next flight out of Dulles. I was just coming through Dulles the other day, and customs was crazy. You'd have to plan to leave yourself at least 3 to 4 hours in between flights. It would be a lot easier for you to get connecting flights. That way, if something does happen, the airline has to handle it--the reason being that they know you have a connecting flight because you're on a list of some sort, and you paid for them to be responsible for your luggage and catching all your connecting flights. Good luck! I hope it all works out!
2 :
You would have been better off making the whole trip on one itinerary to begin with. But now you have no choice. They will be separate. Not a big deal, unless you're short on time at IAD.

Search News